Kast is a live streaming and video platform that allows you to broadcast and upload content that you have created and wish to share with the community. It is our goal, as a facilitator of these communities, to provide an environment where everybody can feel welcome to share what they love with their friends. These guidelines are applicable to all of the Kast and Evasyst websites, any Kast mobile applications, and Kast managed public servers on other platforms such as but not exclusively Discord, Twitter, Facebook, and Reddit.
When we created Kast, we had some goals and visions in mind of what the platform could become. While our community will create their groups in their own way, we would hope that knowing our vision for Kast may help provide some guidance.
- Create a safe community where people can share what they love.
- Build an environment where our players can Play Together. Watch Together. Be Together.
- Encourage Kast members to create and share their own unique content.
While we want to provide an environment that enables you to share content with their friends, our team does not actively monitor the content on the platform and we are not responsible for any streaming, chat, videos or other content that is posted. In order to promote these goals, and consistent with our Terms of Service, we expect all community members and especially the party owners, mods, and admins to uphold these standards. In the event Parties are not self monitoring we may intervene.
The following content (including live streams, videos, and comments) is prohibited on the Kast platform:
- That is illegal or otherwise violates any laws or regulations;
- That contains sexual content involving minors, even if animated or digitally altered;
- That is pornographic or contains nudity but is not conspicuously labeled as NSFW;
- That threatens, harasses, falsely advertises, or encourages others to do any of the prior;
- Impersonates someone in a misleading or deceptive manner;
- That posts personal information of others without consent;
- That is intended to spam other community members with unwanted advertisements or messages;
- That promotes or glorifies suicide or self harm, including cutting, anorexia, bulimia or other eating disorders;
- That promotes or glorifies animal cruelty;
- That contains images or videos of gore, terrorism, catastrophic injury or graphic violence;
- That is hate speech that directly attacks a person or group on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, veteran status, religion, disability, disease, age, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity;
- That distributes content violating another person's intellectual property or other rights. Kast members should not share or post content that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We respond to DMCA requests as described in our Terms of Service.
The following list are actions that will not be tolerated on Kast. Participating in any of these activities can lead you to being immediately removed from the platform, having any pending funds forfeited to Kast and if appropriate having the content given to law enforcement for legal action.
- Creating multiple accounts to evade punishment, avoid restrictions or otherwise disguise yourself in attempts to contact someone who has blocked you.
- Creating spam accounts for the sake of annoying or spamming community members with requests.
- Circumventing tools that enable community members to protect themselves or repeatedly targeting community members with unwanted requests or messages.
- Improperly labeling or failing to label as “NSFW” channels or content that are inappropriate for kids under 18.
- Sharing content that is directly threatening someone's physical or financial state. Do not threaten to harm another person or someone related to another person in any capacity.
- Telling other people you will hurt or kill them.
- Sharing or threatening to share personal information of another community member - this includes but is not limited to home address, phone number, email, social security number, videos and photos.
- Coordinating, organizing or participating in any forms of harassment.
- Sharing content glorifying or promoting, in general, self-harm or suicide.
- Threatening another community member with digital harm including but not limited to viruses, hacking, doxing and spying.
- Promoting or participating in illegal activities on Kast. You must respect all applicable local, national, and international laws while using Kast.
- Sharing content related to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Do not share or post links to images that depict minors or underage individuals engaged in violent, sexually suggestive, pornographic, shameful, or otherwise inappropriate situations, even in illustrated or digitally altered form.
- Sharing or linking to content with intent to shame or degrade another individual. Do not share sexually explicit content of other community members without their consent. Do not share or promote sharing of revenge porn.
- Sharing content that violates another person's contractual, personal, intellectual property or other rights. Do not share or post content that violate the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). We respond to DMCA requests as described in our Terms of Service and Copyright Policy.
- Attempting to hack or steal another community members account.
User Name Policy
Kast user names are provided on a first come, first serve basis. This means that if a name is available, the first person to register that name will have it.
Your username may be changed without notice if:
- Trademarks are violated.
- Impersonation of another community member or brand.
- Contains profanity, hate speech, or racial slurs.
- If the account is inactive for 12 months (you have not logged into the Kast app) Kast can close the account and release the user name for reuse.
In our effort to maintain our community standards, we reserve the right to take the following actions at any time for any conduct that violates our standards:
- Issue a warning to avoid,
- Ask you to remove inappropriate content themselves,
- Change the content rating to NSFW without warning if the community member has not tagged it correctly,
- Mute accounts from chat,
- Remove streaming privileges,
- Removal of content,
- Suspension of funds,
- Deletion of parties,
- Suspend/Disable Kast accounts.
To report behavior or content that is inconsistent with these Community Standards, please contact Kast at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Last updated on January 1st, 2021.